Chicago Community Engagement Program
Family and Community Medicine’s Chicago Community Engagement Program (CCEP) welcomes Feinberg students interested in community health activity and supports them with guidance and resources. We consult and facilitate a wide range of activities and opportunities for involvement.
We welcome student inquiries:
- Opportunities for research and service activities in Chicago
- Feinberg student group activities
- Shadowing Family Medicine physicians and/or mentorship
- Career interest in Family Medicine and Primary Care
- Special events, classes, activities, or projects
- Global Health Initiative (GHI) travel awards in alliance with the Center for Global Health
- Other inquiries related to our program and department
We believe it is essential for Feinberg students to gain knowledge of community factors that influence the individual, the community, and overall public health issues. Our goal is to support students as urban community-engaged learners with great potential to become community-engaged health professionals.
We encourage a dual focus on education and community service by providing strong academic support for engagement activities with a consistent focus on the positive impact in the communities where students work.
Use the navigation menu on the left side of this page to find detailed information about the program, opportunity for engagement, funding, and much more.
Marynia Kolak, MFA
Chicago Community Engagement Coordinator
ph: (312) 503-1474